I got it from Thor's Templates, which are the best anywhere! Check my links for the link ...

Monday, May 01, 2006

Samson's Fall

Huff’s Crime Blog


As usual, Steve Huff is well on top of the story of Samson Shelton. His blog has a lot of interesting information about Shelton's web presence and his digging has uncovered some links that are fascinating in hindsight. I wonder just how many teachers have information on their myspace.com accounts and other web sites that might stop something like this happening again. The school superintendant that hired Mr. Shelton said they did a background check, but, I wonder, as does Mr. Huff, just how many of the schools Google the teachers and prospective teachers and see what is out there. Maybe I am naive, but if I were a teacher I think I would be more careful. Sure, everyone is entitled to free speech, but, when teachers or people who come in contact with our children reveal darker sides of themselves online for anyone to see, you have to wonder.

Comments on "Samson's Fall"

 

post a comment