I got it from Thor's Templates, which are the best anywhere! Check my links for the link ...

Friday, January 27, 2006

It seems like I am never going to be good at gathering all kinds of news and commenting on them. I suppose I am a bit too lazy. Plus, once I started this blog, I realized that while I am fascinated by true crime and read a lot of it, it depresses the hell out of me. Stories I have started to follow and all just get to me.

The latest - the Rachel Entwistle case. For all the story, either Google her name, or go here - http://huffcrimeblog.com/
As usual, Steve Huff has all the story. Do read the last few days of his blog, and the comments. This is one of those cases I just don't know about. Nutshell - a young mother and her baby were found shot to death in their bed in their new home in an upscale neighborhood near Boston. Her husband, a native of England, is missing, and it seems flew back to England between the time anyone last spoke with Rachel and the time the bodies were found. But, it seems that the husband was running several Internet scams - on eBay and on his own websites. No one knows if Rachel was aware of or involved with these scams. It appears her name was at least used on the eBay account that was used earlier this month to scam eBayers out of money. Much is being made of his not hopping the next flight home after learning of the murders.

According to Nancy Grace, this means hubby is guilty. And, yes, we have seen so many murders recently where the husband did it. However, as some of the commentors on Huff's blog mention, I don't want to always instantly assume the husband did it. This really bugs me as if he didn't, he is sure being painted with the brush of guilt. Maybe he is scared to come back to the US. Maybe someone he scammed did kill the wife and child to hurt him. Maybe Maybe Maybe. Right now there are just too many maybes and I really wish we could get back to innocent until proven guilty.

That is what bugs me about Nancy Grace. I don't love her, I don't hate her. But, I confess to a fascination with her. My husband, by the way, really doesn't care for her. She is so strident, which is amazing to me, for a Southern woman. I guess screaming brings ratings. Nancy needs to try to present two sides (or more) and not scream at anyone who dares disagree with her. Also, last week I watched (and I am not proud of this) while Nancy did two, not one, but TWO nights on the Tara Grinstead case. http://www.findtara.com/

Of course, I am very sorry that Ms. Grinstead is missing. I am sorry when anyone is. I wish this would stop. Although I am not sure we really have more per capita missing today, or we just have more ways to learn about it. But, I am really really sick and tired of the only ones getting MSM attention are young white women. Two nights?? Nancy, do you not have any grace and compassion? Mention the big names - Tara, Natalie Holloway, but give time to more missing people. Don't just devote all that air time to girls that remind you of you. Be a real advocate for the missing.

Of course, lately there is a missing person getting a lot of MSM attention, that doesn't fit the profile of young , white and female. I refer to George Smith IV http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8659573/
or Google his name. Okay, I am again, very sorry this man is missing. But, how much air time does one person get? If they have something really new to report, fine, but hour after hour (and Joe Scarborough is really into this story)?

Finally, lately Joe Scarborough is really in to the James Frey/Oprah story. Google James Frey or click here for articles that will give the lowdown. http://www.salon.com/ent/col/fix/2006/01/27/fri/
(If you aren't a Salon Premium subscriber you should be or view it as a day pass). Joe is all concerned about Frey lying. Okay, Joe, let me spell it out. When you live in a country currently headed by someone who lies constantly how on earth do you expect people to get upset when someone lies their ways to millions??? The Bush Administration has hurt this country in more ways than one. How do you teach children to tell the truth when their government doesn't? Why not do a show on that Joe?

Comments on ""

 

post a comment